Videos have become a popular form of expression ever since social media started taking the world by storm. More than video taking, people focus more on video editing as this aspect really shows off how unique one’s video can really be. Video editing has become so widely used that now you don’t really require fancy software or cameras to achieve a good video. Thanks to the advancement of technology, they can all be done from the comfort of your smartphones, anywhere at any time. Video maker apps and other editing apps are some free and easy-to-use alternatives to heavy editing software.
As discussed, smartphones can do everything! So first step is to whip out your smartphone and turn on the camera and start shooting. Take pictures or videos of anything you like and would love to portray. You can also show off some of your picture-taking skills by playing around with different modes. Once you have a collection of photos you want to include, its time to download the best video maker app! These apps have everything you need for an engaging video – transition effects, filters, music, text boxes and a multitude of fonts and stickers. Here are a few tips to consider to get video out of any video maker app:
- Add your best photos that are sure to catch the eye of your viewers. This can help with engagement and can sometimes inspire them to make videos, too.
- Selecting the appropriate music that goes along with the theme of the video is crucial for maximum engagement and likes. So remember, the music should flow with the video.
- Personalize your videos with texts and stickers, that you can add here and there along the course of the video. Try not to go overboard with it, less is always more!
And here are a few things to keep a lookout on and avoid while editing a video:
- Transitions must always be smooth. Video maker apps have a great bunch of transitions to choose from, so all you need to do is make sure you don’t have random jump cuts which can throw off viewers.
- Adjusting the audio is a lot more important than some people think it is. Loud music in the background can disinterest viewers and make them want to click off. Set the music at an enjoyable tone.
- Inconsistent graphics like the font of texts can give the video a messy look. Stick to one font to keep things consistent throughout the video.
I hope these tips are enough to get you started on your video making journey! Once you master something as simple as video maker apps, you can eventually move on to video editing software. As a beginner, I found these to be really helpful and from there I started exploring other apps and software that are used for video editing.